To work across the origination, execution and management of project investment transactions, following investments throughout their life cycle. Investment opportunities should demonstrate a substantive reduction in carbon emissions as well as an appropriate risk-return profile. Active with hands-on portfolio and asset management through to exit. Working to help build investee companies on their paths to wider adoption and commercialisation.
- Deal Flow
- Due Diligence
- Market Research and Strategic Analysis
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Investment Valuation
- Deal Structuring/Negotiation
- Portfolio Management
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To build up and leverage network to help drive new deal flow and potential co-investors/acquirers.
- To identify suitable investment opportunities that have the potential for significant carbon reduction.
- To brief and liaise with the team including core functions such as Finance, Legal, as required to ensure that potential deals can be converted into investment opportunities.
- To lead initial screening and take an active role in all aspects of a due diligence process and actively work to improve processes.
- To provide preliminary screening of potential decarbonisation investments relative to OGCI Climate Investments’ (CI) strategic framework, and coordinate additional financial, technical and legal due diligence as opportunities progress through OGCI CI’s Investment Process.
- Investment focus areas include Carbon Capture, Utilization and Sequestration (CCUS) as well as methane emission mitigation. Additional investment opportunities may include energy efficiency and carbon reduction in the transportation and industrial sectors.
- To lead, in most cases, the deal structuring and negotiation of investment opportunities.
- To be responsible for the detailed financial modelling and return scenario analysis.
- To actively manage the portfolio companies including acquiring experience sitting as an Observer on a Board and pro-actively lead follow-on investments.
- To actively monitor progress on investee companies and advise as needed.
- To participate in exits to successfully provide an appropriate return on investment.
- To assist in monitoring the progress on investee companies and advise as needed.
- To assist in driving strategic initiatives and input into broader company initiatives.
- To complete on-going reporting and fair market analysis of select investee companies.
- To build up presence as an Ambassador for company – including taking on speaking engagements, staying in contact with industry partners.
- To assess credibility of investee management teams and their ability to project results.
- To provide leadership for junior staff as required.
Education and Professional Qualifications Required
- Relevant Degree.
- MBA highly desirable.
Additional Specialised Knowledge and Skills Required
- Demonstrated relevant professional investment experience in energy or industrials.
- Engineering or technical background is a plus.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Previous investment experience in Infrastructure, Venture Capital/Private Equity, M&A or Structured Finance.
- Previous commercial or investment experience in one or more of the following project areas: CCUS, CO2 or Methane reduction, power generation, renewables, energy storage or gas infrastructure projects.
- Strong performance track record in previous investment roles, ideally with global organisations.
- Closure of multiple transactions as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to produce concise and accurate investment reports.
- Strong sense of commerciality, knows what makes commercial sense and ability to identify and mitigate key risks.
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Highly adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to work without supervision and under pressure, assessing and anticipating requirements.
- Ability to prioritize incoming material and to determine what can be delegated or referred in their absence.
- Excellent organisation skills, including prioritizing, forward planning and administration.
- Excellent team working and networking skills.
- Clear written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to synthesise materials to suit the audience in a concise manner.
- Can problem solve issues and suggest effective solutions, taking account of multi-dimensional factors.
- Ability to influence decision-making at senior levels.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels within the organization as well as with external parties.
- Facilitates high standards within team working approaches.
- Flexibility and efficiency to ensure the roles and responsibilities are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Team player; ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Ability to judge and maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion on sensitive issues.
Special Aptitudes or Personality Attributes Required
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus
- Passion for making an impact on climate change.
- The position is based in the US
- Eligibility to work in the US is mandatory.
- International travel will be required from time-to-time.
- Global locations of OGCI CI, its stakeholders and investment counterparties may result in occasional out of hours meetings/calls, as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note, neither OGCI Climate Investments LLP nor any of the organisations that recruit on our behalf will ever ask for any payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process.