To support the Strategy and Policy team in the delivery of their day to day activities for the duration of the Internship.
- Support one or several OGCI Workstreams to deliver on their objectives.
- Support the Strategy and Policy team in its day-to-day activities.
A full description of the Workstreams can be found in the OGCI Annual Report 2019, available here.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To conduct analysis/research to progress the activities of the Workstreams (WS).
- To engage with the members of the Workstreams to assist in the progression of activities for the Workstreams.
- To report to the Project Managers, Strategy & Policy VP and Workstream leads on progress made for the Workstreams followed.
- To prepare pre read material to brief different Workstreams in advance of the meetings.
- To take minutes of the meeting calls to share with the participants.
- To support in the development/revision of emission reduction targets applicable to OGCI member companies, including comparing publicly available emission reduction targets, development of definitions, data collection, baseline setting, target setting, and publication (Reporting Task Force).
- To support in the development of methodologies to assess life-cycle emissions of energy products, including literature review of existing methodologies, definition of perimeter, development of definitions, and research/analysis to inform members of the Workstreams (Transport WS, LEO Workstream, Role of Gas Workstream).
- To support in the development of a work on technology bottlenecks within Natural Climate Solutions (under definition within the NCS WS).
- To support in management of external consultants deployed for specific projects.
- To support in the preparation of Talking Points, Presentations and memos for external engagement, as well as maintain up-to-date Talking Points and internal and external communication material (All Workstreams).
- To support in the development of joint policy positions, on broad decarbonisation topics (such as CCUS, Methane Emission Reduction, Energy Efficiency, Natural Climate Solutions, etc.) (All Workstreams).
Education and Professional Qualifications Required
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- Or a recent Graduate with a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Research & data analytics competences and proficiency in use of Excel & model competencies are desirable.
- Scientific mindset & rigour backed with strong analytical skills. (engineering background is preferred).
- Good balance between technical, management and policy/economic in the low-carbon economy challenge.
- Excellent written English.
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Well organized and ability to work collaboratively with the team to pool needs and actions plan.
- Ability to undertake multiple assignments, work under pressure to deliver short term deadline and long-term annual objectives, with a strong sense of prioritization.
- Ability to work in a small and versatile team.
- Good judgement and well-developed diplomacy skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new topics, subjects and themes and clearly synthetize in written and oral form, including communicating and presenting to the team/Workstream members.
Special Aptitudes or Personality Attributes Required
- Passion for making an impact on climate change.
- The position is based in London.
- Eligibility to work in the UK is mandatory.
- Diverse locations of OGCI CI may result in out of hours meetings/calls, as required.
- Candidates should apply with their CV and a cover letter stating why they would be suitable for this role.
- 2 Placements of 6 months each . 1st Placement April – September, 2nd Placement June – November.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note, neither OGCI Climate Investments LLP nor any of the organisations that recruit on our behalf will ever ask for any payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process.