At the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative (“OGCI”), we are committed to promoting sustainability in all aspects of our operations, including our digital presence. As we embrace the digital age, we recognize the environmental impact of technology and the need to minimize our carbon footprint. This Digital Sustainability page outlines our efforts to create a greener and more environmentally friendly online experience.
Reducing Energy Consumption:
- Efficient Data Centres: We host our website (ogci.com) (the “Site”) on energy-efficient servers in data centres that prioritize sustainability. These centres utilize advanced cooling techniques, renewable energy sources, and energy-efficient hardware to minimize energy consumption.
- Code Optimization: We strive to develop clean and efficient code to reduce the Site’s energy requirements. Optimizing the Site’s code helps to decrease the amount of data transferred between servers and user devices, leading to lower energy consumption during browsing.
- Server Consolidation: We regularly assess our server infrastructure and consolidate resources to ensure optimal energy usage. By minimizing the number of servers required, we reduce energy consumption and the associated carbon emissions.
Encouraging Sustainable User Practices:
- Paperless Approach: We promote a paperless work environment by utilizing digital communication tools and electronic document management systems. By reducing our reliance on paper, we minimize deforestation and the associated carbon emissions.
- Monitoring and Reporting: We regularly monitor and assess the Site’s environmental impact, including energy consumption and carbon emissions. This allows us to identify areas for improvement and set targets to further reduce our digital footprint.
- Collaboration and Innovation: We actively engage with industry partners, sustainability organizations, and technology providers to stay at the forefront of digital sustainability practices.
At OGCI, we understand the importance of digital sustainability in mitigating the environmental impact of our online presence.
We continuously strive to improve our digital sustainability efforts and welcome feedback from our stakeholders.
Disclaimer: This Digital Sustainability page reflects our current practices and efforts as of June 2023. We will update this page periodically to ensure the latest information is provided.